1 bunch Dino/Lacinato Kale, stems removed
1/4 cup chopped red onions
1 Fuji apple chopped
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1/3 cup dried cranberries
1 teaspoon sea salt
Another recipe adapted from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition. I have wanted to try a massaged Kale recipe and really enjoyed this dish. I try to eat as many greens as possible due to their powerful health effects including high alkalinity, fiber, antioxidants, iron, calcium, vitamins and cardiovascular support. Kale is a great detox food for all of these reasons and more! Make sure you eat your greens! I will be trying out a Kale Chips recipe very soon so stay posted…
1. Wash and dry kale.
2. Stack leaves, roll up and cut into thin ribbons.
3. Put kale in a large bowl and cover with salt.
4. Massage salt into leaves with your hands for about 2 minutes or until it looks wet and broken down.
5. Transfer kale to a fresh bowl and discard any leftover liquid.
6. Mix in onion, cranberries, apple and sunflower seeds.
7. Dress with oil and vinegar and toss.