6 Carrots, chopped
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
1 inch piece ginger, skin removed and chopped
1 tsp Salt
4 cups water or veggie broth
Adapted from a Institute For Integrative Nutrition recipe
1. Wash, peel and cut carrots and onion into chunks.
2. Place vegetables and salt in a pot.
5. Add chopped ginger and let simmer for another 5 minutes.
6. Use an immersion blender and puree all ingredients. If you do not have an immersion blender you can use a regular blender to puree in batches.
7. Sprinkle with pepper (or parsley if you have any), serve and enjoy!
I made this because I am spring cleaning my body and am trying to eat as naturally as possible. Ginger is a great healing root that can do wonders for your body as it has many essential nutrients that help our bodies stay well through immune support, detoxification, digestion support, anti inflammatory and antioxidant properties. Therefore I used raw ginger in this recipe instead of the ginger juice that was recommended. If you are not into a strong ginger flavor I would encourage you to start out with a smaller portion than the recipe calls for as you can slowly add the ginger while pureeing so as not to be too overpowering.